- Doctorate in Information Sciences and Communication (University of Louvain)
- French Masters (DESS) in Political and Social Communication (Paris 1)
- Diploma of Political Studies (Science-Po Paris)
- Masters degree in Public Law (Sorbonne, Paris)
- At the EESC:
- EESC member since 2010
- Member of the INT and NAT sections,
- Member of the Working Group on the European Citizens’ Initiative
- Member and French delegation Contact point for the Communications Group.
- Outside the EESC:
- member of the steering committee of the economic interest group Toute l’Europe (the largest French-language website for information on Europe)
- Former member of the French steering committee for the Citizens’ Consultations on Europe.
- Lecturer at the University of Louvain 2008 – 2014, and Chair of the Laboratory for the Analysis of Organisational Communication Systems (LASCO – University of Louvain-la-Neuve, 2008-2013).
- Lecturer at the Paris Institute of Political Studies, after teaching at the University of Saint-Denis on the island of La Réunion (1999-2009).
- Lecturer in Information Sciences and Communication at the Paris-IV University (CELSA) at Masters and PHD level (1992-2008). Co-ordinated introduction of MBA courses in Communication (2006-2008).
- Established courses on Enterprise Communication, Troyes University of Technology (1998-2003).
- Vice-President of the Joint Advertising Council (Conseil paritaire de la publicité) (2008-2011.
- Currently a member of the French Council of Ethics in Advertising (Conseil français de l’éthique publicitaire) (from 2014).
- Current Chair of the Academy of Controversy and Sensitive Communication (Académie des controverses et de la communication sensible), and past Chair of the scientific committee of the Communication & Enterprise
- Author of around 30 published books and many articles.
Member of the editorial committees of the Communication & Languages review (2005-2009), the Recherches en Communication review (2009-2014), Communication & organisation, the Public Relations Inquiry, the French Society for Information Sciences and Communication review, and the Hermès review of the French National Centre for Scientific Research.
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Nature and Mankind Foundation since 2000, and of the think tank for Pour une république écologique (Towards an Ecological Republic) since 2016.
- Member of the Committee for Environmental Vigilance at the French Environment Ministry (2003), working with the office of the Minister for Sustainable Development (2004).
- Instructed by the French Environment Ministry to develop the campaign against planned obsolescence (2008), and to explore bringing the world of advertising into line with environmental issues (2019).
- Head of the mission for Sustainable Development at EDF group since December 2014.
- Scientific adviser for the Earth & Life Institute at the Catholic University of Louvain since 2019
- Administrator of the Institute for Desirable Futures, Communication & Enterprise, and of the ‘Stop Planned Obsolescence’ association.
- Former board member of AFNOR, the French standards agency (2011-2014), of the support fund for standardisation (2012-2014), and of the Max Havelaar Association for Fair Trade (2008-2012).
Trade union activities
Secretary of the CFE Énergies trade union at EDF, elected to the Social and Economic Council, member of the Commission of Professions, former staff delegate.
Social media: YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter: thierrylt